Featured New Reports
Statement of Purpose
The S&S Guide seeks to identify and briefly describe international organizations, and nation-oriented organizations of possible international interest, that are focused on the two basic human goals of Security and Sustainability–both broadly defined.
Security Organizations are concerned with human security, human rights, peacekeeping, conflict prevention, terrorism, nuclear issues, weapons, cyber-security, military organizations, etc. Sustainability Organizations focus on climate change mitigation and adaptation, sustainable development, food security, water security, energy security, economic security, oceans, biodiversity, human population, green business and economics, etc.
There are thousands of guides to countries and cities, as well as flora and fauna. It is time for some guide to the rapidly growing number of security and sustainability organizations. But this is no easy matter, because human organizations are in flux, intertwined, and more difficult to classify.
Please excuse errors and inconsistencies; the S&S Guide is a continuing work-in-progress.
Access to these hundreds of organizations is provided here in several ways:
- A dashboard of 6 generic categories and 20 sub-categories on the Generic Categories Dashboard
- An alphabetized Major Categories Index of 60 categories with 5 or more listings.
- An alphabetized index of 600+ descriptors preceding the Part 4 Subject Index.
- An index to 100+ Information Portals for additional information on security or sustainability.
- An A-Z Title Index of 1,700+ organizations in Part 2.
- A KEYWORDS search box.
THREE IMPORTANT MESSAGES:
In addition to providing information on like-minded organizations and the wide range of organizations associated with security and sustainability, the S&S Guide has three key findings: