It combines science-based thought leadership with active outreach to influence local, national, and international efforts to develop sustainable water policies. It doesn’t only wish to identify solutions and develop recommendations for sensible water policies, it also believes in the need to persuade decision-makers to adopt these solutions – If we want to have a future where “the basic needs of all people are met, where resources are managed sustainably and the natural world protected, and where conflicts over resources are resolved in a peaceful and democratic fashion.”
- CEO Water Mandate: a UN Global Compact initiative that mobilizes business leaders on water, sanitation, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- California Drought: compiles information and resources on drought in California to help understand, plan for, and implement sustainable solutions in the face of a drier future due to climate change.
- The World’s Water: Dedicated to providing information and resources to help protect and preserve freshwater around the globe.
- Articles and Op-Eds, Presentations, TV Stories, and News Shows, Radio and Podcasts,
- Library of 230+ reports, articles, case studies, fact sheets, books
- A collection of tools for researchers, water managers, community organizers, journalist
- Ending Conflicts Over Water: Solutions to Water and Security Challenges (2020): This report fills the gap by “exploring several dozen strategies to reduce water-related conflicts in key water-insecure hotspots around the world..These solutions provide decision-makers with options for addressing unique water challenges and can help improve water resources management, drought response, flood prevention, and access to safe, reliable, and affordable water for all.”
The World’s Water, Volume 9 (2018) –It offers “insights into critical global water problems, overviews of data and analysis around sustainable water use and management, and case studies of some of the greatest water challenges around the world.”