An organization that envisions an investment universe where a shared understanding of companies’ sustainability performance enables companies and investors to make informed decisions that drive improved sustainability outcomes and thereby lead to improved long-term value creation.
It focuses on the development of standards for over 80 industries in 10 sectors and helps publicly-listed corporations to disclose material factors in compliance with SEC requirements. A new, standardized language is being created to articulate the material, non-financial risks and opportunities facing companies today. These non-financial risks and opportunities that affect corporations’ ability to create long-term value are characterized as “sustainability” issues.
“Accounting for a Sustainable Future.” It seeks to “increase the usefulness of information available to investors and improve corporate performance on the environmental, social, and governance issues most likely to impact value.”
- SASB Alliance Membership for Organizations and Individuals – To develop and explore best practices integrating material sustainability information into existing processes. They supply educational materials, unique resources, and product discounts.
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting Credential – Teaching how sustainability information can be financially material and how to apply it in practice.
- Webinars – Educates professionals on topics and trends most relevant to sustainability accounting
- SASB Data Sets – Company data on performance on SASB metrics and/or proxies for SASB metrics.
- Standards Navigator – A research platform combining the focus of materiality with disclosure trends. Offers data and analysis on over 4,000 companies and 77 industries.
Note: Former NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg is a supporter and former Chair of Board.