Is a private foundation governed by the family of former U.S. Vice President Henry Wallace that “supports organizations creating transformative change to promote democracy, human rights, public health and a sustainable planet.” It strives to tackle multiple challenges such as the rise of the corporate state, threats to democracy and rights and the ecological collapse as well as empowering differential and weakened NGOs.
Areas of interest:
- Challenge corporate power
- Defend and renew democracy
- Protect the environment
- Promote truth and creative freedom in media
- Advance women’s human rights and empowerment
- Advocates transformative structural change by defending the rights of the disenfranchised in the face of corrupt power.
- Funds and partners up with the best social movements to help them grow and succeed.
- Builds new and broader constituencies for social change.
- Trains new and courageous leadership for the future.
- Its work has a global reach as it reflects the common links among global problems.