UN Counter Terrorism Centre
( 2011; un.org/counterterrorism)
Is considered to be the “first major institutional reform undertaken by the UN Secretary-General António Guterres” striving to “promote international counter-terrorism cooperation and support Member States in the implementation of the Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy through a voluntary contribution of the Government of Saudi Arabia.”
- Provide “leadership on the General Assembly counter-terrorism mandates.”
- Enhance “coordination and coherence across the Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact entities.”
- Strengthen the delivery of United Nations counter-terrorism capacity-building assistance to Member States”.
- Improve “visibility, advocacy and resource mobilization for United Nations counter-terrorism efforts.”
- Ensure that “due priority is given to counterterrorism across the United Nations system.”