Center for Water Security and Cooperation
(2015; Washington; 3 staff; ourwatersecurity.org)
A research center with the focus to advance water security and cultivate cooperation by building a unified body of laws, policies, practices, and standards that ensure the availability of water for current and future generations, and a peaceful, stable, and vibrant global society.
- Advancing Water Security –Creating a strategy that makes sure we have water to meet humanities needs.
- Better Water Law, Greater Security – Innovating laws to advance water security.
- Actualizing the Right to Water – Exploring water as an essential component of human existence.
- Building Cooperation – Explores opportunities to build cooperative mechanisms to stimulate innovation and long-term problem solving.
- Making Law Accessible – A pan-African water platform for advancing water security.
- A small library of news and reports
Leadership: Alexandra Campbell-Ferrari (Co-Founder, Executive Director), Luke Wilson (Co-Founder, Deputy Director)
Budget: ~$ 9k (2017)