(2016; London, Munich, Jakarta; 76 staff and associates; systemiq.earth)
A financial firm dedicated to transforming economic systems quickly to arrive at the UN’s global sustainable development goals. Their investments support disruptive early-stage digital/technology ventures with the potential to transform systems across clean energy, sustainable land use and circular material solutions. Intends to deploy $20-40m over the next 3 years.
- Building and supporting coalitionsof leaders with the knowledge, experience and authority to shape policies and business strategies
- Co-creating and incubating the market solutions
- Investingcapital and expertise in early-stage ventures
- Clean energy – a future energy system based on a shift to 100% renewable generation.
- Sustainable land use – balance economic output, social development and land protection.
- Circular Material solutions – fully bio-degradable replacement of plastics.
- A library of reports
- Highlight: Mission Possible: Reaching net-zero carbon emissions from harder-to-abate sectors by mid-century (2018, 172 p.) – Outlines the possible routes to fully decarbonize cement, steel, plastics, trucking, shipping and aviation – which together represent 30% of energy emissions today and could increase to 60% by mid-century as other sectors lower their emissions.
Leadership: Jeremy Oppenheim (Co-Founder, Managing Partner), Martin Stuchtey (Co-Founder, Managing Partner)