WGBC is based in two main offices: London, UK, and Toronto, Canada. Buildings and construction account for 39% of energy-related CO2 emissions.
- Limit global temperature rises to 1.5 degrees Celsius
- Eliminate the building and construction sector’s CO2 emissions
- Ensure all buildings are net zero emissions
- Meet Paris agreement standards
The organization aids coalitions of builders in many nations in the development of green building standards (e.g., LEED) and works to make these the benchmarks for sustainable building.
Resources and publications:
- Reports and white papers posted to the website
- Links to global partners and projects
- Links to global green building councils