As part of Columbia Law School, they develop legal techniques to fight climate change, resources on climate law and regulation, model laws and best practices.
- Adaptation Law– Encouraging short- and longer-term adaptation efforts at all levels of government and by private actors as well.
- Clean Air Act– Controlling greenhouse gas emissions under existing law.
- Environmental Assessment– Ensuring that climate change receives due consideration in environmental reviews.
- Energy Law– Advancing the decarbonization of the U.S. energy sector and improving the resilience of energy systems.
- Securities and Climate Finance– Using law to mobilize funds for climate action and ensure that companies disclose climate risks.
- Natural Resources– Helping natural resource managers to account for the effects of climate change in planning and management decisions.
- International Law– Working towards international solutions to climate change.
- Human Rights– Addressing the nexus between human rights and climate change.
- A library of 220+ reports and white papers
- 80+ Comments and legal briefs
- Climate Law Blog
- Climate Deregulation Tracker – identifies steps taken by the incoming administration and Congress to scale back or wholly eliminate federal climate mitigation and adaptation measures
- Litigation Databases (U.S. and Non-U.S.) – summarizes new litigation over issues related to climate change
- Climate Change Laws of the World – the world’s most comprehensive database of laws, regulations, and other materials related to climate change
- State AG Environmental Action Database – environmental actions undertaken by state attorneys general as they seek to advance environmental law and policy objectives within their jurisdictions
- Adaptation Resources – database of legal resources for adaptation
- S. Bar Associations Collaborative – shares climate change-related resources and contacts for bar associations and their members
- Model Laws and Protocols for legislators
- An online calendar of past and upcoming events