World Water Assessment Programme (2000; UNESCO; Perugia, Italy; http://www.unesco.org/new/en/natural-sciences/environment/water/wwap/)
The UN Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) commissioned the WWAP to produce a UN system-wide periodic global overview (at first triennial, now annual) of the status (quantity and quality), use, and management of freshwater resources. Coordinates the work of 31 UN Water members and international partners under the umbrella mechanism of UN-Water. The Italian government has funded WWAP since 2007.
- Achieving the 2030 Agenda, training program meant to aid member states in achieving the 2030 Agenda, with a particular focus on the implementation of the targets of SDG 6: to “ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”, and the interlinkages with other SDGs.
- Water and Gender, training program at country level on water data collection and gender analysis.
- The Water Rooms, an online collection of films on water
- World Water Development Report, an online portal to the annual reports on fresh water
- Wendy Watson-Wright, Assistant Director General for Intersectoral Platform on Climate Change, Assistant Director-General and Executive Secretary, Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
- Peter Dogsé, Manager of the Intersectoral Platform on Climate Change, Programme Specialist, Division of Ecological and Earth Sciences, MAB Programme, UNESCO