Transportation Research and Education Center (TREC)
(2006, Portland State University, Portland OR, 28 staff; https://trec.pdx.edu) PSU is the lead campus of the National Institute for Transportation and Communities (NITC) — one of seven University Transportation Centers (UTC’s) funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Holds an annual Transportation Summit with seminars on topics such as Bicycle/Pedestrian Focused Signal Timing Strategies
- Bicycles and pedestrians
- Integration of transportation and land use
- Electric vehicles
- Health and environment
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Planning and economics
- Hundreds of very specific pieces of research are published by the PSU and other members of the University Transportation Centers community.
- Jennifer Dill, Ph.D., Director
- Not stated