Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
(1982; Santa Barbara CA; 9 staff; wagingpeace.org)
Seeks a world free of nuclear weapons, to educate and advocate for peace, and to empower peace leaders. It is a non-partisan, non-profit organization with consultative status to the United Nations and is comprised of over 80,000 individuals and institutional members worldwide.
- Education – Offers educational resources to help people better understand the issues of peace and the abolition of nuclear weapons. Sponsors a Peace Leadership Program.
- Advocacy – Focuses on collective action and advocacy to mobilize people and engage leaders across the globe to achieve our goals.
- Peace Literacy Initiative – Led by Paul K. Chappell, a West Point graduate and Iraq War veteran, it teaches to students and educators alike and is built on the core premise that peace, like math and reading, requires a skill set that needs to be taught in schools.
- Reports and booklets on issues related to nuclear disarmament and peace.
- Annual reports
- Sunflower E-Newsletter
- 35+ books on peace by David Krieger and others
- Waging Peace Series – 41 volumes were published between 1985 and 2000 spreading ideas for attaining peace
Leadership: David Krieger (Founder, President)
Budget: $1.2m (2017)