Migration Policy Institute (2001; Washington; 26 staff; migrationpolicy.org)
Provides analysis to policymakers and the general public with the goal to promote safe places for dialog. Focuses on migration flows and integration policy related to labor markets, educational outcomes, and social cohesion. Offers specific technical assistance to policymakers, practitioners, and NGOs. They are active on a worldwide basis and their sister organization MPI Europe is based in Brussels.
Extensive research and initiatives underway on topics such as border security, education for immigrants, employment, illegal immigration and internal enforcement, immigrant demographics, international governance, migration development, and refugee and asylum policies.
- The U.S. Immigration Policy Program
- The National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy
- The International Program
- Global Migration Data
- “Legal Migration for Work and Training: Mobility Options to Europe for Those Not in Need of Protection”
- From Control to Crisis: Changing Trends and Policies Reshaping U.S.-Mexico Border Enforcement
Leadership: Andrew Selee (President)
Budget: $7.7M (2018)