Kremlin Watch (2005; Prague; 10 staff; kremlinwatch.eu)
A strategic program of the European Values Think-Tank (LINK) which aims to expose and confront instruments of Russian influence and disinformation operations focused against Western democracies.
- Monitoring and Analysis, finding disinformation stories on daily basis, looking at trends, exposing them and conducting fact-checking and alerting the press and/or government authorities. Specialists focus particularly on Ukraine, Russia, the local disinformation community, and IT or security issues.
- Policy Development and Advocacy to influence the European policy community via the weekly Kremlin Watch & Monitor, which is sent to 5,500 policy analysts in NATO countries.
- Tactical and strategic advice on responses democratic states should employ to counter hostile disinformation activities of foreign powers via the Hybrid Threat Centre.
- Educational activities for general public & trainings for practitioners.
- Counter-disinformation efforts.
- Putin’s Champion Award given to a Western public figure which has helped the Kremlin’s interests the most.
- Holds the STRATCOM SUMMIT, an event focused on countering disinformation with 200+ government and non-governmental specialists.
- A small library of policy, analysis and research papers
- Weekly Kremlin Watch Briefing
- An interactive map and detailed assessments of the US’ and European nations’ relations to Russia
Leadership: Jakub Janda (Head)