Centre for International Environmental Studies (2010; Geneva; c/o The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies; 15 staff, 3 fellows, 8 associated faculty; http://graduateinstitute.ch/cies.html)
This research center addresses climate change, biodiversity, food security, energy, etc. They offer Ph.D. as well as Master courses in conjunction with other institutes. They have regular event series including the weekly CIES Lunch seminar, book launches, and lectures. The Centre is part of the Graduate Institute Geneva, founded in 1927, which stresses interdisciplinarity in priority areas such as democracy, governance, human rights, migration/refugees, security, humanitarianism, trade and investment, health, and gender.
- Environmental Governance
- Climate, Energy and Innovation
- Resources and Development
- Agrarian Environment and Food Systems
- Several series of research papers, policy briefs, research briefs;
- Books, articles, and a monthly newsletter.
Leadership: Prof. Liliana Andonova (Co-Director)