Caux Round Table (1986, Caux Sur Montreux, Switzerland; 5 staff; cauxroundtable.org)
An “international network of experienced business leaders” that tries to promote “Moral Capitalism” as a means to “design the intellectual strategies, management tools, and practices to strengthen private enterprise and public governance to improve our global community.”
- Respect stakeholders beyond shareholders. A responsible business has responsibilities beyond its investors and managers.
- Contribute to economic and social development.
- Build trust by going beyond the letter of the law.
- Respect rules and conventions.
- Support responsible globalization.
- Respect the environment.
- Avoid illicit activities.
Leadership: Stephen B. Young (Executive Director)