Bruegel (2005; Brussels; 67 staff; bruegel.org)
An independent European think tank whose mission is “to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate.” Members include EU Member State governments, international corporations and financial institutions. Maintains a dual focus on analysis and impact. They have relationships with policymakers at multiple governance levels.
- European Macroeconomics and Governance;
- Global Economics and Governance;
- Finance and Financial Regulation;
- Innovation and Competition;
- Energy and Climate.
- Public and private research projects
- Visiting Fellowships
- Annual reports
- Podcasts and Videos
- Blogs, opinions and testimonies
- Policy papers, reports, strategy papers
- HIGHLIGHT: ‘Export and patent specialization in low carbon technologies’ (August 2018), which explores how global trade and patenting patterns create competitive advantages for some countries in low-carbon sector innovation.
Leadership: Guntram B. Wolff (Director), Jean‐Claude Trichet (Chairperson)