AVAAZ (2007; New York; avaaz.org)
A global campaigning network whos name translates to “voice in several European, Middle Eastern and Asian languages”. Their mission is to “organize citizens of all nations to close the gap between the world we have and the world most people everywhere want.” The network has over 52m members and initiated over 2,700 campaigns since its inception.
- Climate Change: The Beginning of the End of Fossil Fuels
- Saving a Free and Open Internet for All
- Big, Bigger, Biggest… Creating Massive Marine Reserves!
- Monsanto on the run!
- Saving Bees from killer pesticides
- Protecting forests, the lungs of the planet
Leadership: Ricken Patel (Founder, CEO)
Budget: ~$20m (2017)