Arms Control Association (1971; Washington; 13 staff; armscontrol.org)
A national nonpartisan membership organization dedicated to promoting public understanding of and support for effective arms control policies.
- Project for the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) – Supports “the work of NGOs and experts to build public and policymaker understanding of the CTBT.”
- Bipartisan Nuclear Policy Dialogue Project A “series of private dinners and congressional briefings on nuclear weapons policy issue of interest to Republican and Democratic congressional staff.”
- Commission on Challenges to Deep Cuts – An “independent experts group composed of 21-members from the United States, Germany, and Russia.
- Chemical Weapons Convention Coalition (CWCC) – An “independent, international body whose mission is to support the aims of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) and to supplement the efforts of the member states of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)”.
- Forum on the Arms Trade – A “network of civil society experts and a point of contact for strengthening public efforts to address the humanitarian, economic and other implications of arms transfers, security assistance, and weapons use.”
- Arms Control Now – Blog
- Arms Control TODAY – A “monthly journal on nonproliferation and global security.”
- A resource library of 6500+ factsheets, reports, briefs, documents, etc. going back to 1963
Leadership: Daryl G. Kimball (Executive Director)
Budget: ~$1.2m (2017)