An independent, multidisciplinary organization working to create knowledge, build awareness and stimulate action to advance the rule of law worldwide. It works to:
- Support research on the meaning and measurement of the rule of law, and its role in economic, sociopolitical, and human development.
- Produce the annual Rule of Law Index, downloadable here, documenting across 8 factors how the rule of law is experienced and perceived in 126 countries and jurisdictions based on more than 120,000 household and 3,800 expert surveys.
- Build engagement by developing a global network, organizing strategic convenings, and fostering practical, on-the-ground programs.
- Policy Briefs
- Research Papers
- Rule of Law Index Reports
- Topical Reports
- Country Reports
- Annual Reports
- Edited Volumes
- Journal Articles
- Working Papers
- An online calendar of past and upcoming events