This international NGO tries to break the cycle of poverty and protect and save lives by providing access to safe drinking water in areas that lack it. Their work is based on the belief that “safe water can protect and save lives, just because it’s there. Access to safe water has the power to turn time spent into time saved, when it’s close and not hours away. Access to safe water can turn problems into potential: unlocking education, economic prosperity, and improved health. Every human being deserves to define their own future, and water makes that possible.” Their work has impacted more than 17 million lives.
- WaterCredit – Tries to overcome financial barriers to safe water and sanitation
- WaterEquity – Works to empower families in need with access to financing solutions, such as small loans, for household water connections and sanitation facilities.
- New Ventures – A source of funding to research, develop and explore new approaches to provide access to safe water and sanitation.
- Global Engagement – Aims for water and sanitation finance to be increased, globally. They believe that half of the people in need of safe water and sanitation can acquire sustained access by taking out small loans to build or tap into existing infrastructure.
- The Water Crisis – Works on the premise that access to safe water and sanitation can quickly turn problems into potential – empowering people with time for school and work, and contributing to improved health for women, children, and families around the world.
- News and Press
- A collection of impact stories in written and video format