Mission: UNECE’s major aim is to promote pan-European economic integration. UNECE includes 56 member States in Europe, North America and Asia. Over 70 international professional organizations and other non-governmental organizations take part.
- policy dialogue,
- negotiation of international legal instruments,
- development of regulations and norms,
- exchange and application of best practices as well as economic and technical expertise,
- technical cooperation for countries with economies in transition
UNECE supports countries in addressing sustainable development challenges through an integrated, multisectoral approach to four high-impact “nexus” areas have been identified where multiple Sustainable Development Goals converge:
- Sustainable use of natural resources
- Sustainable and smart cities for all ages
- Sustainable mobility and smart connectivity
- Measuring and monitoring progress towards the SDGs.
- Rovaniemi Action Plan for the Forest Sector in a Green Economy: Mid-term Review
- Resolution on the Deployment of Highly and Fully Automated Vehicles in Road Traffic