It was founded with the vision to create a “world that is environmentally healthy, socially equitable, and economically vibrant.” It strives “to confront global changes in the environment by providing the cross-college infrastructure to better integrate and more fully capitalize on the University’s historic strength in environmental research and education.”
- Variety of interdisciplinary minors, certificates and courses in sustainability;
- Leadership fellows and scholarships;
- Centers focused on “Student Sustainability”, conservation in North America, global biodiversity, Africa, and “Future Earth”.
- Human Nature Blog – that provides a platform for students, faculty, research partners, and guests.
- Mailing list
- An online calendar of past and upcoming events