A non-profit that acts as an advocate for low-income immigrants to the United States. It is supported by the Ford and the Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Foundations, among others.
- Impact Litigation – Lawsuits for immigrants usually in coordination with other local and national civil rights organizations, stopping unconstitutional state attempts to regulate immigration.
- Policy Analysis & Advocacy – Related to the complex interplay between immigration law and public and private economic support programs, access to education, workers’ rights, and other issues affecting low-income immigrant communities.
- Communications – Messaging strategies that are integrated with efforts to advance legal and policy victories, while also focused on shaping the public narrative on immigration issues for longer-lasting social change.
- Other Strategies – They conduct trainings, publish educational materials, and provide legal counsel and strategic advice to support and strengthen other groups’ advocacy work.
- Annual reports and financial information
- News releases and videos
- Special reports on immigration topics
- The Torch blog