Global Strategy for Plant Conservation (2010; Richmond, United Kingdom; plants2020.net)
A program of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity that seeks “to halt the continuing loss of plant diversity”.
- Plant diversity is well understood, documented and recognized.
- Plant diversity is urgently and effectively conserved.
- Plant diversity is used in a sustainable and equitable manner.
- Education and awareness about plant diversity, its role in sustainable livelihoods and its importance to all life on Earth are promoted.
- The capacities and public engagement necessary to implement the strategy have been developed.