A non-profit research center that aims to use “the law to protect the environment, promote human health, and ensure a just and sustainable society.” Consequently, it conducts “legal research and advocacy as well as education and training, with a focus on connecting global challenges to the experiences of communities on the ground.” Furthermore, the center provides an intern program that educates the future generation of environmental advocates.
- Climate & Energy Program (C&E): addresses climate change issues through international law.
- Environmental Health Program (EH): continuously strives to improve the regulation of toxic chemicals worldwide.
- People, Land, & Resources Program (PLR): seeks to counter the negative effects development might have on human rights and the environment.
- Press Room
- International Environmental Law Award: awarded annually to institutions in recognition of their exceptional contributions to international environmental law.
- Frederick Anderson Climate Change Award: awarded bi-annually to individuals who showcase outstanding initiative and contribution in addressing climate change.