C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change. It is an independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit organization promoting strong policy and action in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy and forge practical solutions to climate change. It also provides timely information and analyses on pressing climate issues. C2ES strives to achieve consensus solutions by bringing governments, policymakers, businesses and other stake holders together. It claims to deliver real and lasting climate progress through the development of practical policy approaches and market-based solutions. Its contributions are said to be recognized worldwide as it constantly ranks among the leading environmental policies worldwide according to the University of Pennsylvania Global Go To Think Tank Index.
- Solutions Forum: brings together business, state, and city leaders to forge collaborative climate solutions.
- Carbon Capture Coalition: a broad coalition of business, labor, and environmental groups working to accelerate commercial deployment of carbon capture technologies.
- Climate Resilience: helping businesses and cities assess and address the growing risks presented by climate change.
- Annual Reports: include a list of the center’s funders as well as stories of its accomplishments from past years.
- Mayors Leading the Way on Climate – 2020 (January 2020, 44p): a sustainability questionnaire for mayors across the country designed to determine innovative practices in key local policy areas, identify trends, and define opportunities where additional assistance may be needed.
- Getting to Zero: A U.S. Climate Agenda (November 2019, 80p): a report outlining a comprehensive agenda for decarbonizing the U.S. economy by 2050, with a focus on priority actions needed over the coming decade.
- Carbon Pricing Proposals in the 116th Congress (September 2019, 17p): a factsheet comparing eight carbon tax and cap-and-dividend proposals introduced in the 116th Congress (2019–2020) aiming to reduce emissions cost-effectively while driving clean energy innovation.