Named after a Russian opposition leader murdered in Moscow in 2015. Founded by his eldest daughter Zhanna Nemtsova.
- Education and the protection of freedom of information
- Training and professional development
- Fostering of the German-Russian dialogue
- The promotion of European values
- Memorial activities in honor of Boris Nemtsov
- ‘The Boris Nemtsov Academic Center for the Study of Russia’ at Charles University in Prague
- Summer School of Journalism and Cultural Studies hosted by the center.
- A fellowship program for political refugees and political emigrants to support those people who had to flee Russia, but are still willing to stay engaged in Russia’s political and social life.
- The annual Boris Nemtsov Prize for courage in defending democratic values. Five finalists are selected out of the nominees through an online-vote among the readership of Novaya gazeta.
- Monitoring project on political persecution in Russia