An international trade association representing the plastics recycling industry.
- Developing protocols for packaging design for greater recyclability.
- Improving the quality of postconsumer plastics entering the system.
- Fostering a strong interface with end-user markets.
- Promoting a cooperative testing program for new packaging.
- Encouraging design for recyclability with guidelines and programs.
- Using awards to recognize packages designed to be recycling compatible and to recognize products made from recycled plastic material.
- Educating key audiences including state and local recycling officials, Materials Recovery Facility operators, legislators, as well as the general plastic recycling industry.
- Helping package designers measure each aspect of a package design against industry-accepted criteria to ensure that it is truly recycling compatible via the APR’s Design Guide
- Enrolling businesses, government entities, and universities to become “Demand Champion” to drive end-market demand for post-consumer recycled plastic
- Guide for Plastic Sorting Best Management Practices (11p)