TerraCycle (2001; Trenton NJ + 20 international locations; ~280 staff; https://www.terracycle.com)
This recycling company operates in 21 countries and focuses on hard-to-recycle materials to eliminate the idea of waste.
- Free recycling programs funded by conscious brands, manufacturers, and retailers
- Zero Waste Box™ platform for homes, to recycle almost any type of waste
- Municipal programs
- Industrial waste solutions
- Regulated waste recycling
- Challenges, news, images, background info, b-roll, books
- Instructions and DIY projects for upcycling
- HIGHLIGHT: The TV-show Human Resources, a comedic real-life documentary series about working in trash recycling.
Leadership: Tom Szaky (Founder, CEO)
Revenue: $19.3m (2016)